Sunday, October 17, 2010

Celebrations abound

Hello friends, family and facebookers.

I have recently begun to notice some subtle body changes courtesy of picking up my training and correcting my dietary intake. I have never been the healthiest eater, but I am making some "colorful" changes to my diet. No, I am not dieting, I am changing what I am eating and how much of it. More fruits and veggies and smaller servings of other things.

So with the cooler weather, I have broken out the jeans I have worn the last couple of years and would start moving around the house and have to head back to the bedroom to get a belt. My pants were falling off!!! WOW!!! For me, that's insane. But what makes it more interesting is that I have had this belt for a number of years. When I fastened my belt, not really paying attention, I realized that more of the belt extended beyond the belt loop on the belt and on my jeans... by 3 whole inches!!! Are you kidding me!!

My knees continue to improve, I am getting stronger and healthier than I have been in several years. I am looking into increasing training this week with the walk, still cycling and will soon be adding some swimming. My goal is to head to the lake and start working on my open water swim. Neoprene will definitely be a must, but I also plan to have a safety plan as well, hopefully in the form of a friend in a kayak.

I must admit that I was a little disconcerted earlier today as I weighed in at the gym, which I haven't done for a couple weeks. My weight was still the same but my clothes are getting bigger. Following some research and a visit to my favorite triathlon site forums, I feel better!! What this all means basically is that I am losing fat.

So, tonight for my rest night I enjoyed a movie and time with my hubby, while inside doing the "Happy Dance!"

No comments: