Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tri-Season over

Hello all, I am officially depressed. It took some time for it to hit, but I am depressed.

I have ridden in the ms150 for 3 yrs and as much as my tri-season being over and missing my A race. (Had been planning on it for 8 months now.) I started training with the goal of running the Ramblin Rose Triathlon in October. My mom had been trying to get me to sign up for 2 yrs. Every time I missed the cut. I could never get signed up in time. This year I was bound and determined to race. I've already done one triathlon, I was registered to relay a 2nd tri in September as a cyclist. It was the week before the MS150.

My main disappointment is that I can't ride for my mom. She was diagnosed 5 yrs ago with MS and I have finished the last two years of the tour. I also rode in honor of a friend's sister-in-law. She passed this summer from her MS and I was dedicating this tour to her. I'm not much of a cryer, but I cried today. I have come so far in 8 months, to have something so arbitrary as inflammation of two discs stop me now is infuriating. I haven't wrecked, fallen, or otherwise had any injuries that I would think could trigger this. The only thing I can deduce is work. Massage is tough, very physical. I do know that I can ride my bike on the trainer as it doesn't bounce or otherwise jar my neck. No running. I'll have to ask about the swimming and I doubt lifting is allowed. Oh well, shit happens. I am still incredibly blessed in my life. As my mom likes to say...."At least you don't have a debilitating disease or cancer." Very true mom, but it's still hard to accept.

No comments: