Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Neck update

Well, after being unable to go to sleep last night due to the excruciating pain in my neck and calling the on-call doc for pain meds, (don't like them, but also wasn't given any after the appointment.) I think the exam yesterday exacerbated the pain I was already experiencing and ramped it up big time. By 2:45, I was in tears lying in my bed and my DH comforting me, offering to move out of the bed and on to the couch in case he was causing any of my discomfort. I called the on-call at 2:43 am and he called back at 2:58. I was on my way to the 24hr pharmacy by 3:15. Got the pain meds and was asleep by 5am.

After speaking to the doc this morning they are pre-auth'ing my MRI and will get it scheduled soon. I have an appointment for acupuncture tomorrow at 3pm to try to help with the pain until such time that we know what is going on and where we are going from there. So, say some prayers faithful readers and we'll hope that this is a temporary thing. BTW....

PAIN SUCKS!!!

No comments: