Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just when I think

Well, just when I think things are getting better, I go back downhill again.

My daughter and I went to the beach on friday with my mom and dad and niece and nephew. I knew the car ride would be difficult and possibly painful, but I didn't expect the results. I got up Saturday...barely....I was so stiff I couldn't move. By Sunday, I was in pain. Monday, Oh boy. Tuesday I saw the Dr. for a follow-up and just as things were calming down from the weekend, he did a strength test and set me right back off again. I have been in pain since. Two straight days of therapy, acupuncture, a new anti-inflammatory and more time on the tens unit than in the last week.

Also, one week until the MS150. We are looking at the possibility that Ike may impact the ride, possibly even cancelling it. I hope not. Either way the MS Society still gets the money. Please, I don't know how many readers I have out there, but help me out. Help me reach my goal. I currently have raised $776.57 of my $1000 goal. Help me out, help my mom out, help my friend who has MS out. Help out the person who is waiting for that diagnosis and wondering what resources are there for them.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/NCTBikeEvents?px=2020194&pg=personal&fr_id=8760

No comments: