Thursday, December 20, 2012

Is it really 65 days to Princess?

Holy Cow!!  I was reading another blog and saw a countdown that read 65 days to the Princess Half Marathon.. WHAT???

On another note.  We never know what the weather is going to be at Disney and we can't guarantee that it's going to be Disney perfect.  Now, The Plastic Potty's will be perfect because if you read my post from the race in February everyone at Disney poops rainbows, but as we all know from the last three Princess runs, the weather can vary wildly. 

Ice 3 yrs ago, sun and 70-80 degrees two years ago, last year was overcast with sprinkles towards the end of the run for us turtles.  But still, only RunDisney can pull off this race in the fashion they do. 

So, for grins and giggles, this is what I ran in tonight. At least there isn't any white or purple on the map, but is that enough green for you?  I ran 2 miles in 36 minutes.  It was kind of slow, but it is what it is.  I ran 2 miles in the rain and did it even though the rain was crappy.  By the time I finished, I was feeling it.  I loved it.  I was standing at the top of the driveway looking up at the sky and the rain, letting God wash over me. 

I needed that more than I ever thought. 

No comments: