Sunday, December 11, 2011

Princess Half training and another week off

Well, I had to take another week off due to my right shin and then additionally a raging Sinus infection.  I head to the doctor tomorrow to take care of it.   I hope to be back to training tuesday. 

I have been stressing myself a little about missing training and also the pacing issue with my jog/walk strategy for the race.  Let me give you three words that describe my run pace.. I AM SLOW!!!  With 6 knee surgeries to my credit and plenty of softball injuries to my legs and ankles... I am just don't move well.  I decided to take a look at the slowest times from last year's Princess Half Marathon.  I am figuring that at WORST it will take me 3 hours and 30 minutes to finish the 13.1 miles.  The slowest time recorded on the active.com site was 4 hours 12 minutes.  That will give me hopefully a 45 minute cushion with which to work. 

The only true goal I have for the half marathon is to finish.  I honestly think that I have been over-thinking all of this, but that is my nature.  I just need to keep training and do what I need to do each week.  If I do that, I will be just fine come February 26, 2012.  I feel better and I just had to share that with everyone.

No comments: