Friday, December 2, 2011

Off Week

I now know why people build rest weeks into training.  This became a rest week due to injury.  I was having issues with my shins and finally figured out that it may be due to my shoes.  After a couple of days with rest I went to a new (old) store to be fit for a new pair of running shoes and started from ground zero.  I did take my shoes that I had been running in, but I told the guy that I was working with that I wanted to go in with zero bias.  I wanted him to take me through the same steps he would take everyone else through. 

The first step was to look  at my arches and how my feet make contact with the ground while I am barefoot.  The  next step was to look at my stride in a zero stability shoe and she if I was pronating while running.  The used a video camera and measuring tools to measure the amount of pronation during my stride. 

Technically, I was in the best stability shoe that Mizuno made, but it wasn't I guess what I needed.  I have switched back to my original running shoe, the Asics Kayano.  I have always been an Asics girl and the switch to Mizuno was odd. I am hoping some of the other underlying issues I was having as well will cease.  I was having issues with blistering on the balls of my feet which I had never had in my Asics. 

I plan on cycling tomorrow if I can get my stomach feeling any better.  I am feeling a little under the weather today and hoping it's not a big stomach bug that has been going around.  I am chilling today and hoping to ride tomorrow.  The ride will  be in place of my long run.

No comments: