Monday, February 14, 2011

2nd Ride of 2011

Great route for yesterday's ride.

I rode yesterday and the question was, should I?? I worked 11 hours on saturday and got up sunday morning and had one more hour to work. By the time 2pm rolled around, I was exhausted and completely lacked any form of energy.

At 12 miles in, I wanted to stop and call my mom to bring my van and come pick me up out on the road. I wanted to quit riding so many times, but I didn't. That is one thing I learned the first year I started cycling. If I quit, then I'll be mad at myself and beat myself up for not pushing through it.

So final ride total after riding back to mom's to pick up my van, was 22.72 miles with an average speed of 13.00 mph. Max speed of 29.8 mph which I know was on a descent because I hit full tuck and was doing my best to maximize speed on the down to stay in contact with my group on the up.

In last 8 days I have ridden 45 miles and have felt great afterwards. Last year I rode about 315 miles last year, which was pretty respectable considering 2 knee surgeries last year. I have a fairly high goal for mileage ridden this year, but I am keeping that goal to myself and I am getting there quicker than I ever thought possible. Let's hope I keep going forward!!

No comments: