Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year, New Goals

Hello all and Happy New Year!! Yeah, yeah, I know I am about 10 days behind the game here, but with my job doing greeting cards, I have spent a lot of time with taking down Christmas cards and putting up Valentine's cards. Yes, already time for Valentine's stuff going out.

So, now for the fun part of New Year. Each New Year, I set goals, no resolutions.

Going into last year, I wanted to lose some weight and get healthier. Boy did that one ever get accomplished. Last year, I lost 23 lbs and have managed to keep it off at this point as well.

My knees are on the mend. Following two knee surgeries, left knee in March, right knee in September, I am back on bike, the run and in the pool. I have to continue to do my exercises to keep the balance in my quads, which will reduce my pain level with the arthritis and kneecap tracking issues.

My goals for 2011

<> Sub 40 minute 5k time by the end of the year.

<> Ramblin' Rose Chapel Hill total time under 1:15:00 This will be a challenge, but I think I can do it.
2008 time 1:27:06
2009 time 1:24:20

<> White Lake Triathlon
a) Finish - This is important. THis is my first Tri with an Open Water Swim.
b) Finish time under 1:50:00

Okay, so the goals are out there. Just to give a little more info. My personal best 5k time was previously 47:43. This was in June 2008 at Run the Quay. I believe the sub 40 is possible, but we'll see how the first 5k goes on January 29.

White Lake Triathlon. I need more pool time. this is a 750 meter open water swim. No laps, no walls, no stopping. Heaven help me, I need to get busy. Keep an eye out both here and on facebook for training updates. I am looking forward to making my training time and race time.

2011 Schedule (so far)

All Star 5k - January 29, 2011 (registered)

White Lake Sprint Tri - May 8, 2011 (registered)

Ramblin' Rose Raleigh - May 22, 2011 (undecided)

Tri the Quay - August 14, 2011 (tentative)

Bike MS 2011 - September 9-11, 2011 (first century?)

Tour de Femme - October 8, 2011

Ramblin' Rose Chapel Hill - October 9, 2011 (not yet registered)

So that is what is planned so far, let's see what happens. Need to get registered soon for a couple of these.

No comments: