Thursday, February 12, 2009

Streak over

I made it to 10 days on the streak, but following the weekend in Savannah, I really had a hard timr recovering. I had to take a couple of days off to get the mind and body right. Today was a 10 mile bike ride, against the wind. Winds are 16-21 mph with gusts even harder.

We had a great ride, despite the wind and I was even growling at the wind. The last time I faced headwinds that were similar were during my first MS150. Hurricane Ophelia was inbound at New Bern and we had 18-25 mph winds with gusts up to 40mph. Yikes. I went 45 miles that dad and had to quit due to cramps in my legs. I felt horrible that I quit when so many others couldn't even ride or walk due to their MS.

This year I am doing two MS events. Walk MS and MS Bike in September. I ride and walk for my mom and have ridden for her since 2005. This year she is walking in the MS walk with my friends team. Team Endure. My friend Jen started the team 5 yrs ago and this is my first year and mom's first year walking with Endure.

If you would like to be my valentine and support me for the walk, please do. Visit my walk page and donate. Even if it is only a couple of dollars, every little bit helps.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/KPrater

No comments: