Monday, March 7, 2011

Boxing aftermath and Wowsers

Okay, so I have recently taken up boxing in the last couple of weeks during a trial period at a gym near several of the stores I work at. I went in a couple of weeks ago to get a trial pass and unfortunately due to my crazy schedule and the travel for the shuttle launch, I was unable to make it in until a day before it was due to expire. They extended the pass for me for an additional two weeks. How cool was that. Not many gyms will do that for you. If you don't take advantage of it, too bad.

The manager rocks and actually has some ties to the fight game. She is actually related to an MMA fighter and does train at the gym as well. She also admits that she doesn't know it all and I enjoy talking with her.

I have been told that the soreness isn't so bad the day after the workout, but second day is worse. I haven't experienced that at this point, but at this point, I am already seeing a difference in my strength though.

My sister asked me to go workout with her tonight. Her trainer invited me to workout with him and do the same workout with her. Part of the workout was abdominal work and I would honestly say that two weeks ago, I probably wouldn't have been able to rock it out like I did tonight without the previous two workouts at LA Boxing last week. I worked my abs so hard last week that this week, these exercises today were much easier.

Not only do you work your abs during warmup, you work them during the workout and you work them out at the end when you are exhausted from the workout and just want to curl up in the fetal position and go to sleep. I intend to continue the ab portions at home and although I can't join LA Boxing due to our current financial obligations, I hope to eventually join. I plan to work hard here at home until the time I can join LA Boxing and allow them to kick my butt.

thanks to Megan, Nasser and Mike for being a part of this journey and giving me a new fire and passion to hopefully get me over this hump. Y'all rock. I'll be back.

No comments: