Monday, June 22, 2009

Long off-season

Wow, it has been a LLOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGG Off-season.

I have fought my way through a sinus infection since February. 4 rounds of antibiotics, one round of steroids and if that hadn't worked, it may have meant sinus surgery again. Fortunately, no surgery after the 4th antibiotic and steroids, it resolved. My training has been limited to essentially the month of May.

By the end of the week, I will cross the 100 mile mark for this cycling season. I got 16 miles in tonight. It was a hellishly hilly ride. OMG, I still averaged 12.8 mph. I am looking forward to a hell of a triathlon this weekend and I know it will be a day to HTFU and keep moving.

Goals are a max 5 min swim, 40 minute bike and 50 minute 5k. I have not done much in the way of running or swimming so I have to do what I can and live with what I get.

No comments: