Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thoughts on Boston

I've had a hard time finding the words to accompany the thoughts, feelings, and emotions I've had swirling since yesterday afternoon.  There are several things that give me peace of mind, running, cycling, swimming, yoga, reading and actually writing!

With that in mind, I could not find the words to adequately express myself and relieve all the feelings I was experiencing with what happened at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  There are several reasons for that.  I was recently (September) in Boston for a wedding and even more closely related we stayed in Copley.  I spent a long weekend walking around Copley and even walked across the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  Such an emotional weekend in a beautiful city with family and friends.

Fast forward to yesterday. I left work and called my sister to see is Shalane Flanagan had won the Marathon.  She told me no and then continued to tell me that there had been two explosions at the finish line.  I was a little panicked as I knew several social media friends were in Boston for the Marathon.  My initial thought was to verify the safety of all those I am connected to through social media.

These are my brothers and sisters!! When I train on the road or trail these are the people I run with.  They are my endurance family!  I pray for those injured and killed, I pray for their families and I pray for the City of Boston.

Please keep the City, the runners, their families and the first responders in your thoughts and prayers!!!

No comments: