Sunday, May 1, 2011

The countdown begins

Well, today was 7 days to the race.

I laid a lot out yesterday in my last big training session before the taper begins. I rode a good 30 mile ride yesterday in a touch under 2 hours. Actual on the road, ride time was 1 hour 58 minutes. The profile and route were a great challenge for me in the last week before the race.

I am looking forward to the race next weekend and the taper is officially on.

I am looking forward to kayaking the swim for the half on saturday. After that, a gentle swim and a slow lap around the bike course to stay loose. I seem to do better with a good ride the day before the race. It helps me get the legs going after the taper week. The swim will give me an OWS practice with the wetsuit and in the lake.

My concerns at this point are abating and I am now looking forward to the race. Hubby and I are camping with the little one saturday night and they are looking forward to the live tracking.

I haven't officially set my race goals yet. I plan to do that tuesday or wednesday and post them. Y'all have a great week.

Hoping to get through my work week by wednesday and just chill out before race. I am ready.

1 comment:

Ken Matthews said...

I am sure you will do great. The most important thing to remember is to have fun. You have accomplished so much.