Thursday, December 13, 2012

First official training run

So I did my first official training run for the Princess Half Marathon at Walt Disney World on February 24, 2013. 

I have done a couple of other runs in the past couple months since the official training plans were released, but with school and family stuff, it's hard to squeeze it in.  I have to start making it a priority in the coming weeks.  I have a month off from school and I can do it. 

Tonight I did a 1.76 mile run in 29.13 minutes.  I was trying to work out some kinks.  I have been having an orthotic issue and figured it out tonight.  I have to contact the PT tomorrow and have them remake them. 

I wear a 7 when I run, but typically wear a 6.5 for my regular shoes.  When they came in, we realized they were too short, but we decide to try them out and see if they would work, but no.  In my two runs, I've ended up with a blister on the arch of my left foot.  It is because the orthotic moves when I run because it is TOO SHORT for my shoe.  This is not good.  So tomorrow I call the PT and see if they will let me hang on to the pair I have so I can continue training until the new pair comes in, especially this close to Christmas.

No comments: